CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation on Topaz Lake

I have to apologize in advance for how jumbled this post is. It's all over the place but I don't want to repost it. Deal with it!















As you can tell, we celebrated Adam's first birthday while we were camping on Topaz Lake. He had fun, stuck his fingers in his cake, licked them off and went back for more. He also came out on the tube with me so we both could at least get a little ride in. Brave kid.








Mya was our little swimmer. She's starting to get the arm action but mainly does the doggy paddle wonderfully. She had a blast in the water.

She loved going on the tube and getting splashed and going over the bumps. She has gotten fearless on the tube. Well, almost. A couple of large wakes got her looking pretty serious.






Brianna surprised us all. She normally would cling to the sides of the Watkin's pool but she decided she wanted to be in the water and swim freely. She was all over the place. We definitely have some water loving kids.















The girls were relentless with granny. "Granny, swim with me". "Granny, float with me". "Granny, hold me". "Granny, eat with me". She was an awesome sport and probably wore herself out trying to please them.

We camped there Monday through Thursday. We had some wind come up occasionally since the lake is in the high desert just on the east side of the Sierra's. It was a lot of fun though. All of us got lots of sun and pretty much ended up different shades of red.
Now it's back to normal life. Could you all here the large, desperate sigh as I typed?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I'm so glad we finally got to see you (but too short of time to really get a good visit!). Happy birthday to ADORABLE ADAM! Aubrey's is less than a week away. Ellie had a blast with the girls and I'm so happy she so got to see them. We miss ya! Good luck with your pregnancy Les and the healing of your clavicle Jason. :)

Lori said...

Oh, I miss you guys. We had such a blast and want to get together again soon! Love ya,
Mom