CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hot August Nights!

It's August and that means classic cars here in Reno for the next week. It's awesome! Can anyone tell me what this car is?

We went to a Show and Shine here in S. Reno to walk around and admire all the beautiful cars. A very nice gentleman let Mya and Brianna sit in his SHELBY GT 500! I haven't even done that. It was a beautiful car.

Here's some more awesome cars there. I only shot the ones I liked, so if you don't see your favorite, sorry.

The wood just made this old beauty stand out.


Definitely a classic. Ford Thunderbird circa 1965. I loved all the white wall tires there.


1955 Chevy Bel Air.


This is how flames are supposed to look. This is easily a $20,000 paint job. One of my old clients had a similar paint job on his Plymouth Prowler.

Here's one for my dad. A black 1957 Chevy Bel Air. Does it look like Steve's old one?

And here's one for Jared. Chevy Corvette Stingray, I believe it is a 1971. Nice sharp lines.


A great looking mob/ganster car. Again, awesome white walls.


The fins on this are unbelievable! There is so much chrome on this car (take a look at the first picture in this post). If I remember right it is a Cadillac, and a heck of a boat. I couldn't get the whole thing in a shot without backing up.

I love the shape and the grill on these cars.

This is amazing. The paint just shimmered. It has air bags or hydraulics to lower it when parked. Not to mention the LS1 Corvette engine driving the thing.



The next pictures are of my favorites that were there.



I love the GTO! This is a great looking 1969 Pontiac GTO. There were several GTO's there. I know I saw a '69, a '70, and a '71.

This shot came out just right with the tether visible.


I love the shape of the Road Runner.


The white and orange is a great combination on this Camaro. This is one of the most sought after classic muscle cars, ever.


This is one of my all time favorites, the Ford Mustang Mach 1. This is a 1971 with the 351 CID engine. I love the fastback on these. I would prefer the 429 Cobra jet engine though. I take this one in a heart beat too.


This is such a sleek, clean looking car. It is the Barracuda.


This is a monster of a muscle car. The 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS. That engine is definitely not stock, they have a monstrous supercharger on there. Even the stock V8 could pull the front end up.



Here's the Shelby GT500 with the classic white and blue.

5 comments:

Ryan and Rachel said...

Jason, I think you took pictures of all the cars!!! Ryan would have loved it. Next year we'll have to come up!

Emilie said...

Sounds like Jason found his 2nd heaven :)

kevin said...

Well the 57 is a great car. I do like all the others also. So is this still going on this week?
Great fun

iam from austria said...

Hi Watkins Clan,

I am very happy that I have found you again! What a suprise to see all of you and your familys.
Would love to read from you soon.
Till then all the best to all of you.
gerhard

iam from austria said...

Pls write to this e-mail